Thursday, January 29, 2015

Permission Granted?

The time has arrived to speak with my kids about this project and ask for their permission to be a part of this study. They were really excited about it. It was pretty funny, however, because many of them thought that the requirement of a parental signature indicated that there would be a field trip involved! They were sad to learn that it was just business as usual - stuck in school...

I was so happy that they were  eager to help, and a number of them couldn't understand why they needed to get anything signed. They really thought that it should be their decision - pretty interesting!  
I love that I have been with this class all year, and I am really excited to see what comes of this work.  Our school just switched from trimester to semesters this year, so I think this will certainly be an advantage to have some consistency with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment