Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Post for the Week of March 16-20

In planning my article, I most definitely am going to be writing an article that “makes the most sense” once I have the results.  My study has certainly taken a life of its own and has not at all looked like how I imagined it.  Most of this is due to unforeseen circumstances when planning my study which include our school’s new A/B schedule, nine snow days, and the almighty ACT.  Our time working in our reading journals has been slim (at best), and I see now that I am definitely going to have to make the best of what I have and I am praying that it all makes sense.

I am somewhat relieved to learn that the data may not be “strong enough to justify new insights formally” and that this may set me up for a future study. I feel like if I could do it all over again during a fall term, it would be so much better. The spring semester is always so sporadic with snow days, and  having to interrupt my study with intense ACT preparation really caused a lot of problems in my data collection.  In addition, the fall term would be fresh – I could really see their changes from the beginning to the end of my study. Starting mid-year just seems to be somewhat skewed.  I find that with high school students the apathy grows as they year progresses, particularly as spring approaches and as there have been huge interruptions of snow days. 

I am really glad to have this article as a resource as I begin crafting my paper, particularly the examples and strategies to use within each section.  I am getting a bit anxious about all of it and hoping as I begin the daunting task of “putting it all together” that I can utilize effective organization that will help my study to be useful to others.  J



No comments:

Post a Comment