Friday, February 27, 2015

Who we are...

As this is a collaborative class, it is very important when planning and examining the data to consider 504's, IEP's, and those students with neither type of plan.  Below is a chart that indicates this information:




As this reveals, well over half of the students involved in this study (63%) have some type of learning disability that hinders their educational growth in some form or fashion.  With that said, even the 37% of students without a plan are still struggling readers.  As a reminder, from the STAR Lexile levels revealed in my last post, no student in this study reads above an 8th grade level.  In regards to my study, I am encouraged that I am examining new ways to help these struggling students - at this point in their high school careers, anything is sure to help them.  I know the reading journals are a new concept to them, and I feel confident that they will at least look at how they read and process a little bit differently once we really get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment